Phoenix Ambassadors are a group of students dedicated to the positive promotion of Scavo High School. They will work on a volunteer basis to serve as liaisons between the current Scavo community and prospective students. Phoenix Ambassadors are visible at many campus events held for prospective students and families and work in conjunction with staff. Phoenix Ambassadors have the unique opportunity to develop and receive training in communication, public relations, marketing and interpersonal skills.
The Phoenix Ambassadors serve as an essential component to Scavo’s Public Relations effort and have several responsibilities on the Scavo Campus.
- Conduct campus tours to the community and potential students
- Greet all visitors and answer questions at Open House events
- Provide event assistance during Scavo events. Welcoming new students to Scavo.
- Show students to all of their classes on their first day.
- Introducing them to their teachers
- Teaching them how to use the lunchroom and eat lunch together o Answering questions about activities, classes, building facilities and school rules
- Assist in the recruitment of future Student Ambassadors
- Attend all Ambassador meetings and trainings
Since transferring schools can be a very confusing and difficult time for families, Phoenix Ambassador Program makes sure every new student gets the attention and consideration they deserve and need to be successful at Scavo. The Phoenix Ambassador’s main job is to be a helpful, friendly face for the new student on their first day of school and for the remainder of the school year.
The Ambassadors is a sub group of Scavo Student Leaders. We will meet two times a month. The first Wednesday of the month we will meet during lunch. The third Wednesday of the month we will meet after school in the multipurpose room. We are always looking for new members! See Mike, Carmon or Marty for more information.